Hello, we are The Madious!
How do you pronounce those names?
How did we end up here?
- We met in a basement in 2005 and both agreed on a platonic relationship... 6 months later we purchased a condo together.
- We photographed our first wedding in 2007 with zero experience. While it was difficult and hot, it was amazing to connect with people and be part of something so lovely and important.
- In 2012, we had a beautiful and intimate wedding in Antigua, Guatemala. After reliving our big day through the incredible photographs irrevocably changed the way we approach wedding photography. We realized then what a treasure it is to capture real, significant moments in a thoughtful way. Artful pictures are great, meaningful images are priceless. Combining the two is transcendent.
- We believe your wedding images should allow you to feel what it was like to be there.
- Our motivation to become better ‘moment hunters’ led us to brave Foundation Workshop in early 2014. It was incredibly challenging but definitely worth the effort. Real growth never comes easy.
- Here we are, 10 years from where we began, still in love with each other and what we do. Our new name and brand are meant to reflect who we are and what drives us as wedding photographers.
- I feel the most alive when I travel someplace really interesting.
- I hate exercise but I love candy. Dang it!
- I love to dance. I used to teach and perform salsa dancing. I am inspired by many forms of dance.
- I love that being with Lionel is so easy – I am myself with him. I love making fun of his feet. I love his talent. I love how much we have in common. I love his family. I love being silly with him.
- Doing this work with my best friend is amazing. We complement each other, we compete, we divide and conquer, we share the experience. I sneak a kiss once in a while. Couldn’t imagine it any other way.
- I want people to feel something when they look at my work.
- Family and friends are incredible. I don’t know how I would get through life without them all.
- I sweat. A lot. Like a man. It sucks. Sometimes… I put maxi pads under my armpits. It’s brilliant.
- My dream is to travel somewhere amazing each year, to enjoy my marriage, to delight in the happiness of people I love, and to laugh as much as possible. I already have my dream job.
- I am Haitian by blood, French was my first language, and was born in Liberia.
- I love dark chocolate and ice cream.
- I'm a huge fan of anime and enjoy road & mountain biking.
- Bow tie & suspenders please
- Throughout highschool and college I worked as a cabinet maker close to 10 years.
- I have the most expensive dog in the world - I think its payback from what I did to my parents growing up.
- I've been skydiving and loved it. I've had a pneumothorax and hated it.
- I am very curious, I question everything.
- I invented a special kitchen dance with Kristiaan.
- I'm obsessed with tattoos, but only have 3 small ones.
- When I photograph couples I look for their real personalities, beautiful light, intimacy, energy, symmetry and anything abstract or quirky.
- I'm a ninja, with a beard...for now.
- I own the house
- I'm the reason my parents work so hard. #medicalbills
- Their backyard is my toilet
- I'm irresistibly cute
- The mail woman and those two white poodles are my mortal enemies
- I like to run after squirrels, bunnies, remote control cars and blue rubber balls.
- I am much stronger than I look.
Awards & Publications
- Fearless article
- Engagement session featured on June Bug Weddings
- Wedding Photography Select | 4 awards
- WeddZilla | 50 Top US Wedding Photographers
- Wedding Wire Reviews
- Wedding featured on Style Me Pretty
- Co-featured on Style Me Pretty
- Wedding Featured on United With Love
- Style shoot featured on United With Love
- Engagement Session featured on Grace Ormond
- Featured on District Weddings
- Featured on Washingtonian Bride & Groom
Want to hear more? Get in touch via our contact form.